I woke up the other day and dragged my tired body upstairs to find that my wonderful MC had set my water kettle on for my tea. How sweet and thoughtful he is! Except…he turned the wrong burner on. Instead of turning on the back burner where the kettle was, he turned on the front burner…where my Pampered Chef rectangle stone sat. “That can’t be good,” I thought in all my brilliancy. So I tried to push it off the burner. That push was all it took. The darn thing split open like a pistachio. While Pampered Chef warranties against breakage, they don’t say anything about warranties against negligence or just plain stupidity. Which kind of sucks because stoneware comes in a light shade of sand and it takes years of greasy foods and high fat meals to get the thing seasoned just right.
But after recovering from the shock of seeing my favorite cookware shatter into 3 puzzle pieces, I prepared for my hot water which was now heating up on the correct burner. Reaching into the cupboard, I grabbed a mug that had been put away upside down–meaning right side up. It wasn’t that I wanted this particular mug for my tea, it was just that I couldn’t stand to see it sitting in the cupboard WRONG. So I flipped it over. Only to discover that it was my tea mug from the day before that I had never got around to drinking. I had set it up in the cupboard with the intention of heating it back up and drinking it at some point. Well, because I am just that good, I managed to spill tea EVERYWHERE. It spilled all over the 2nd shelf as well as the bottom one, AND–because my cupboards have no doors thanks to another moment of my brilliancy–it also spilled all over the counter. The tea that spilled on the 2nd shelf leaked down onto the 1st shelf which spilled over, adding even more to the mess on the counter.
So with a shrug of my shoulder, I cleaned up the mess. I wanted to blame it all on the fact that it was Monday but the truth was this kind of thing happens to me all.the.time. Really, it’s just typical stuff for a day that ends in “y”.
Sheri, this story is truly a gem. Mondays can be that way. I probably would have yelled at someone. We had similar events at home with plugged up toilets that got me a little riled up this weekend.